FRACTIONAL LASER RESURFACING – ICON™ TECHNOLOGY by Cynosure
From minimal texture irregularities to deep surgical scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, acne scars, or anything in between, most people have experienced some kind of textural concerns that bother them. Some service options available for these types of concerns are not as aggressive as a laser resurfacing treatment. They help to slightly improve damage; however a deeper more aggressive treatment option can be preformed to safely and quickly repair the skin with minimal downtime.
What is FRACTIONAL LASER SKIN RESURFACING?
This diode laser system is FDA and Health Canada approved. It can treat scars, deep wrinkles, acne pitting and stretch marks. It is a non-surgical treatment, with minimal down time, mild discomfort and long lasting results
How does the Fractional Skin Resurfacing work?
Laser skin resurfacing uses fractional microbeam technology to emit columns of laser energy deep into the skin. It will selectively target and break down scar tissue or textural imperfections. By delivering the energy into microbeams, the body’s natural healing process will create new healthy cells faster, reducing any potential experienced downtime. The increase of collagen and elastin will help to rebuild depth loss and smooth out skin textures.
What to expect during and after the treatment?
Every patient’s experience is different: it depends on how aggressive the treatment is. Most patients tolerate this treatment very well. Our medical aestheticians can apply a numbing cream to help with the discomfort. Multiple sessions are needed for optimal results. One should notice an improvement one month post each session. Our patients love how effective this treatment is, and that it only requires minimal down time. Most of our patients have described the after treatment time as a sun burn sensation accompanied with minor swelling for 24-48 hours post treatment. The treatment takes approximately 30 – 60 minutes to complete and typically you can resume your regular daily activities.
What is this treatment for?
Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing is ideal for:
- Deep facial wrinkles
- Crow’s feet
- Mouth wrinkles
- Eye wrinkles
- Frown lines
- Acne Scars
- Surgical Scars
- Stretch Marks
- Uneven Skin Texture
Icon™ Technology – Fractional Non-Ablative Laser
AGE SPOTS | BROWN SPOTS | SUN DAMAGE | FINE LINE
Unveil your radiance by improving the appearance of age spots and brown spots, sun damage and fine lines.
Feel And Look Refreshed
• With laser skin renewal you can treat many undesirable skin imperfections on your face and body.
• By targeting sun damage, brown spots and fine lines, this technology provides you with clear results and beautiful looking skin.
How Does It Work?
This fractional non-ablative laser delivers energy deep into the skin, affecting old skin cells and generating new collagen for skin that is smoother and more even.
Why Choose Icon™ For Skin Renewal ?
Beautiful skin is easier than ever with laser skin renewal
- Excellent results on tone, texture and overall appearance of your skin
- Fast treatment sessions
- Minimal downtime
What is Botox?
Botox is a cosmetic treatment that will reduce the appearance of dynamic wrinkles and deep lines by relaxing facial muscles, so wrinkles can soften and diminish.* The active ingredient, botulinum toxin type A, has been FDA approved since 2002. This neurotoxin freezes communication between nerves and muscles by blocking the signal path. As a result, the muscles no longer contract as intensely.
What is Dysport?
Dysport (abobotulinumtoxin A) is an injectable dermal filler that offers temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrow. For men and women who are seeking a natural look, Dysport is proven to assist in smoothing the appearance of wrinkles by relaxing facial muscles. Similar to BOTOX Cosmetic, Dysport is injected directly into the target facial sites, preventing underlying muscle tissue from contracting.
Is BOTOX Right For Me?
Do you have:
- crow’s feet,
- forehead lines or
- frown line?
Botox treatment benefits include:
- No downtime or recovery required*
- Safe, FDA approved
- Enjoy results in as little as 48 hours*
- Prevents wrinkles from forming or worsening
- Look younger, less tired, and less angry*
Where Can Dysport Be Used?
Dysport can safely and effectively treat dynamic etched facial lines and help combat static or permanent wrinkles that, over time, may make a person look older and slightly angry. Areas that can be addressed are:
- Forehead lines (horizontal lines that span over your eyebrows)
- Glabellar lines (the short vertical lines between your eyebrows, sometimes referred to as the 11’s)
- Around the eyes (aka known as crow’s feet or laugh lines)
- On the bridge of the nose
- On the upper lip (vertical lines just beneath your nose)
- Masseter muscle (chewing muscle enlarged in some patients)
- Severe Frown (muscles that pull the mouth down)
- “Peach Pit Chin”
- Platysmal Bands in neck
*individual results may vary; not a guarantee
Stop Concealing Your Skin’s Imperfections and get the glowing results you desire.
Light-based skin revitalization is a non-surgical treatment that will improve your skin’s appearance quickly and easily.
This advanced technology clears undesirable brown spots, sun damage and vessels, revealing clearer, more beautiful skin.
How Does It Work?
• Pulses of light target unwanted pigment and vessels within your skin.
• The light delivered causes them to slowly disappear through your body’s natural healing process.
Why Choose Icon™ For Skin Revitalization?
This treatment offers:
- Excellent results
- No downtime
- Low discomfort during the treatment
- Fast and easy treatment sessions
The Industry’s Only Melanin Reader
Skintel® Melanin Reader™
- Advanced technology measures the skins melanin index at each treatment.
- This index is used to determine the ideal settings for each individual patient.
- This increases the safety and results for each treatment.
- As our medical aesthetician guides the handpiece over the treatment area you will feel cooling on the skin.
- This contact cooling will maximize your comfort during the treatment, making it an extremely tolerable experience.
What type of result can I expect?
Expect to see a decrease in the appearance of brown spots and vessels for a more even skin tone.
You will see some improvement immediately followed by continued improvement over time.
The treatment can be performed in under 30 minutes depending on the size of the area.
Typically, there is no downtime and you can return to your daily activities immediately following the treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
Typically, only a few treatments are needed however depending on the condition, several treatments may be required to achieve desired results.
What can I expect following the treatment?
Most people experience a mild, sun-burn like sensation, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling, immediately following the treatment. This usually lasts 2 to 24 hours. Speak with our medical aestheticians to discuss other possible side-effects and the necessary post-treatment care.
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a professional exfoliating treatment. It gives you a deeper exfoliation than everyday exfoliating at home. Your skin is analyzed by our professional skincare experts and a treatment plan is created to address concerns and improve skin health. Anyone at anytime can benefit from a chemical peel.
We use only the highest quality of medical grade and pharmaceutical grade products, containing the highest standards of ingredients that are clinically proven to be effective.
Like Medical Facials, chemical peels are designed to improve and rejuvenate the skin, maintain skin health, correct skin conditions, and provide a deep controlled exfoliation. All our facials’ services are customized to our patient’s skin condition and concerns that day. We use only the highest quality of medical and pharmaceutical grade skincare in all our services.
How does a chemical peel work?
All our chemical peels are completely customized to your individual needs, every time. They also contain treatment of the face, neck and décolleté. Treatment area add on such as hands and back are also available. A chemical solution is applied to the skin, each having a different function and target. AHA chemical solutions are beneficial for removing dead skin cells and increase cell turnover, BHA chemical solutions are beneficial for cleaning deep into skin pores removing congestion and bacteria.
What to expect with a chemical peel?
The treatment starts by deep cleansing to remove impurities and makeup. An in-depth analyzation of your skin will determine what your skin is lacking and provides an opportunity to discuss skin concerns and goals. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells and reduces congestion in the skin allowing deeper product penetration. The chemical solutions applied are vary active and different percentages of solution will make this sensation more or less agressive.
Most patients describe this sensation as slight tingling heat in the treatment area for 5-15 minutes. Moisturizer is applied to deeply hydrate the skin and lock in all the benefits of the chemical peel. Finally, an SPF is applied to protect your skin from external factors and reduce future damage. Over the next 3-5 days your skin may feel dry, tight, have visible redness like a sunburn, be itchy and even may begin to peel and flake.
The amount of sloughing off experienced will vary depending on the strength of peel, skin condition and health as well as the continued use of products at home. The amount of peeling observed is not an indication of the effectiveness of the peel. A noticeable improvement can be seen after each session; however a series of treatments is needed for most patients concerns. The treatment can be preformed as aggressive as once a month up to seasonal skin maintenance.
What can be treated?
Chemical Peels are beneficial for:
- Dull skin
- Dehydrated skin
- Acne or congested skin
- Pigmentation and sun damaged skin
- Skin sensitivities
- Aging skin
- Uneven skin tone and complexion
- Oily skin
- Preventive maintenance
- Post treatment maintenance
What are Medical Facials?
Medical Facials are designed to improve and rejuvenate the skin, to maintain the health of the skin and correct certain skin conditions. Clinical Facials focus more on corrective skin treatments where as spa treatments focus more on relaxation experience. Blending the two leads to the best over all service. All of our facials are completely customized to each individual skin concerns and conditions we use only the highest quality of medical grade pharmaceutical skin care.
Benefits to a medical facial include:
- Deep Cleanse
- Increase Circulation and Detoxifying
- Relax the senses, nerves and muscles
- Stimulates skin function and metabolism
- Slow down premature aging
- Treats conditions like dryness, oiliness, redness, sun damage, acne and skin sensitivities
- Softens wrinkles and aging lines
- Provides a fresh clean protected skin.
How does this Facial Treatment work?
- All facials can significantly affect the skins appearance and health.
- Deep Cleansing removes impurities and makeup before the in-depth facial treatment begins.
- Exfoliation removes dead skin cells that make the skin feel rough and clog the follicles. Exfoliating will make your skin smooth and will aid in product penetration, it also promotes stimulation and increases circulation.
- Extractions remove deep impurities like blackheads. Removing such impurities will help the pore contract back to their natural size, it also releases fluid and bacteria to heal more rapidly.
- Massage promotes physical relaxation, increases circulation, metabolism and increases product penetration.
- Masks can improve the skin clarity, draw out impurities, clear up blemishes, tighten and tone, hydrate, calm, rejuvenate.
- Moisturizer will help to increase hydration and lock in all the benefits from the products previously used
- SPF will protect your skin from harmful external factors and reduce future damage to skin.
All of our medical facials are 10 steps of ultimate relaxation, deep cleaning, exfoliating, hydration, treatment and protection for all skin conditions for full face, neck and décolleté. Each facial is customized to each patient needs and concerns at time of individual treatment.