Unleash your skin potential.
The Potenza microneedling treatment uses ultrafine needles and radiofrequency (RF) energy to penetrate the top layer of the skin and trigger the body’s natural healing process to regenerate new collagen and elastin.
Unlike some other skin revitalization treatments, Potenza treatments can be performed on all skin types, anywhere on the body and any time of the year.
What is Radiofrequency?
- Radio Frequency (RF) is part of the electromagnetic spectrum characterized by a specific frequency
measurable in Hertz (Hz).
- RF can be delivered in different manners such as bipolar, monopolar, fractioned, and non-fractionated.
- RF has a low risk of complications and a high safety profile.
- RF energy produces a change in the electrical charges of the treated skin creating an electron
movement. The resistance (impedance) of the tissue to that electron movement generates heat.
- Does not target specific chromophores and can safely treat all skin types
Impedance | Resistance within the tissue
- RF generates heat as a result of tissue resistance or impedance to the electromagnetic current. The electrical current to thermal energy due to tissue impedance can be defined by Ohm’s Law.
- The delivery of RF energy is a function of time and temperature to allow for maximum epidermal protection while optimally
heating the dermal collagen.
RF Facial & Body Treatments
RF treatments induce a thermal effect in tissue
- RF uses high-frequency currents causing oscillating motions of ions found in body fluids
- The effect of this motion is friction of neighboring particles and production of endogenous heat in tissue